About PAWS
Personalized Adaptive Web Systems Lab was established in 2004 with support from National Science Foundation and the School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh. The goal of the PAWS Lab is development and evaluation of innovative user- and group-adaptive Web-based technologies, systems, and architectures. The Lab currently explores a range of user modeling, adaptation and personalization technologies. The work of the Lab is supported by NSF and DARPA funding.
 Most Recent News
- Dr. Ioanna Lykourentzou gave a talk on the topic of "Personalized Crowdsourcing" to illustrate the potential that personalization has for the improvement of crowdsourcing systems, through two example applications. (details)
- Chirayu Wongchokprasitti defended his Ph. D. Thesis: Using External Sources To Improve Research Talk Recommendation In Small Communities. (details)
- Dr. Denis Parra won the contest for an invited talk at the "Chilean Computing Conference 2014". (details)
- Tomek Loboda, Julio Guerra, Roya Hosseini , and Peter Brusilovsky won the best paper award at the 9th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2014). (details)
- Yun Huang has been nominated for the best paper award at the 7th International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM 2014). (details)
- Sharon Hsiao finished her 2nd year postdoc in Columbia University and starts as Assistant Professor in CIDSE @ ASU this Fall (details)
- Jennifer Lin defended her Ph. D. Thesis: Enhancing Image Findability through a Dual-Perspective Navigation Framework and joins the Department of Information Management at the National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan.
- Denis Parra defended his Ph. D. Thesis: User Controllability in a Hybrid Recommender System and joins the Department of Computer Sciences at PUC Chile. (details)
- Mohammad Falakmasir won EDM 2013 Best Student Paper Award (details)
- Peter Brusilovsky awarded a Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair (details)
- Peter Brusilovsky and PAWS lab win Army Contract to develop social personalized learning architecture (details)
- Sergey Sosnovsky profiled in International Innovation (details)
- Peter Brusilovsky appointed the Editor-In-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (details)
Go to News Page for all news.
 Try PAWS Tools at our Community Portal
CourseAgent: Share evaluations of IS graduate courses at Pitt and plan your career.
Comet: Share, tag, recommend and schedule interesting talks in Pittsburgh.
Eventur: Share and schedule cultural events in Pittsburgh.
Ensemble: This cross-university collaborative effort aims to bring together the global community of computing educators around a growing set of content collections with high-quality educational resources.
YourNews: This is a personalized RSS news access portal with several levels of user modeling and feed recommendation. Read your news in a personalized way!
If you are a researcher and would like to quickly try our adaptation tools, create the trial account (link above) and proceed here.
 PAWS Lab Contact Information
Information Sciences Building, Rm. 2A04
135 North Bellefield Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA