NavEx - Navigation to Examples - is a Web-based adaptive navigation tool for exploring programming examples. Serves as adaptive guidance shell for WebEx. Eextends traditional performance-based annotation . NavEx uses concept indexing of the examples and provides three types of information to students.
- What examples the student is ready to browse and what s/he is not.
- What is the student's current progress.
- What examples are the most relevant for the student.
- Progress of the student with relation to the group.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
 Try NavEx
- Try NavEx and other tools by registering at our Community Porta
- Current users Login into Knowledge Tree porta
- Brusilovsky, P., Sosnovsky, S., and Yudelson, M. (2006) Addictive Links: The Motivational Value of Adaptive Link Annotation in Educational Hypermedia. In: Wade V., Ashman, H., and Smyth, B. (eds.) 4th International Conference On Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems (AH2006), (Dublin, Ireland, June 21-23, 2006). Berlin: Springer, pp. 51-60 DOI
- Yudelson, M. and Brusilovsky, P. (2005) NavEx: Providing Navigation Support for Adaptive Browsing of Annotated Code Examples. In: C.-K. Looi, G. McCalla, B. Bredeweg and J. Breuker (eds.) Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, AIED 2005, (Amsterdam, July 18-22, 2005). Amsterdam: IOS Press, pp. 710-717. PDF
- Brusilovsky, P., Yudelson, M., and Sosnovsky, S. (2004) An adaptive E-learning service for accessing interactive examples. In: J. Nall and R. Robson (eds.) Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning, E-Learn 2004, Washington, DC, USA, November 1-5, 2004, AACE, pp. 2556-2561. PDF
- Yudelson, M., Brusilovsky, P., and Sosnovsky, S. (2004) Accessing interactive examples with adaptive navigation support. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2004, Joensuu, Finland, August 30 - September 1, 2004, IEEE, pp. 842-843. DOI, BibTeX
- Sosnovsky, S., Brusilovsky, P., and Yudelson, M. (2004) Supporting Adaptive Hypermedia Authors with Automated Content Indexing. In: Proceedings of Second International Workshop on Authoring of Adaptive and Adaptable Educational Hypermedia at the Third International Conference on Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems (AH'2004), Eindhoven, the Netherlands. PDF
- Brusilovsky, P., Sosnovsky, S., and Yudelson, M. (2004) Adaptive Hypermedia Services for E-Learning. In: Proceedings of Workshop on Applying Adaptive Hypermedia Techniques to Service Oriented Environments at the Third International Conference on Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems (AH'2004), Eindhoven, the Netherlands, August 23, 2004 Published as No. CS-Report 04-19, Technische University Eindhoven, Eindhoven, the Netherlands. pp. 470-479. PDF
For the time being refer here